Please click on the link below to
view all current sports schedules
|Boys Soccer||Girls Basketball||Girls Soccer||Band|
|Girls Volleyball||Girls Swimming||Girls Track||Choir/Chorus|
|Cross Country||Boys Tennis||Forensics|
|Girls Golf||Boys Volleyball||Drama|
|Girls Tennis||Boys Golf||Winter Guard|
In order for students to participate
in activities, they must fulfill completely all the regulations and requirements
set forth by the M.S.H.S.A.A. and the Francis Howell School District.
M.S.H.S.A.A. ELIGIBILITY STANDARDS
1. Students must be amateurs:
a. They cannot play under an assumed name.
b. They cannot receive money or valuable award for playing.
c. They cannot sign a contract to play for professional team.
2. Students must not have reached their 19th birthday prior to July 1, preceding the opening of the school year.
3. Students are ineligible after the class in which they entered 9th grade has graduated from high school.
4. Students are ineligible for varsity competition for one calendar year if they transfer to Francis Howell from either a public or private high school without a corresponding change of residence of parent or guardian.
5. Ninth grade students who are promoted from the eighth grade are eligible for participation the first semester. Second semester they must pass six classes and have a 1.5 G.P.A.
6. Students must be good school citizens. Behavior unbecoming a participant could result in the principal revoking the privilege of a student to participate in an activity temporarily or permanently.
7. Students must have satisfactorily passed the physical examination dated February 15, or later. Exams can be taken after the preceding year and before school starts.
8. Students must have a signed parent permission form to participate in interscholastic activities.
return to menu
Any student who represents one of the Francis Howell High Schools by participating on athletic teams or other groups that perform in public (bands, chorus, dramatics, cheerleaders, pommers and others) shall meet the standards of eligibility specified in Articles VII, VIII, IX, X and/or XI of the Constitution of the Missouri State High School Activities Association and those additional standards of the Francis Howell School District.
1. Students must be enrolled in courses offering 3.0 units of credit.
2. Students must have earned 3.0 units of credit the preceding semester.
3. Students must maintain a minimum 1.5 current G.P.A.
4. Students must attend all practices and contests unless excused by the coach.
5. Students must not be a smoker, user of alcohol or user of drugs.
6. Students must not wear school equipment at any time except while participating in practice or school contests.
7. Students must make themselves familiar with the taining rules and the requirements for lettering for the activity in which they are participating.
8. Students must have no outstanding athletic fines.
9. A student must attend school the entire school day on the day of a game. If a game is played on Saturday, he/she must attend school on Friday. Any exception to this rule must have the prior approval of the Activities Director and the Principal.
10. A student who is suspended from school or serving in the In-School Alternative Program (ISAP) is not allowed to practice or participate until his/her assignment is served (i.e., assignment ends on Wednesday, eligible on Thursday or next school day).
11. Note--Summer School credits may apply to state eligibility standards provided the course is necessary for graduation or promotion and it is placed on the school transcript. No more than one (1) credit in Summer School shall be counted toward eligibility.
12. Any student who falsifies records will be subject to dismissal from the activities in which they are involved.
return to menu
1. Have an accumulative grade point average of 3.250 or better
after seven semesters of school or a 3.125 average if the 3.250 criteria cannot
be satisfied by the candidates.
2. Have participated in at least two sports during the last two years; earned a varsity letter in at least one; and participated in a sport all four years.
3. Have shown outstanding achievement in a varsity sport while in attendance at Francis Howell Schools.
4. Have been a good school citizen worthy of representing his/her school.
The principal and athletic
director will determine which students meet the preceding criteria and will present
these eligible candidates to a voting committee. The committee consists of the
superintendent, district activities director, principal, the athletic director,
every head coach and four teachers from the language arts, math, social studies
and science departments. These four teachers will be designated by the departmental
coordinators. If there are no candidates eligible, no Scholar Athlete will be
return to menu
Letter awards are given to students who have distinguished themselves in some capacity as members of an athletic team, the band, choir, cheerleaders, pommers, drama club or forensics team. Participants satisfying letter criteria are recommended to the activities director and building principal by their coach, band director, choir director or sponsor. Written requirements describing the standards by which student performance is judged and "letters" recommended may be obtained from the student's coach, director or sponsor upon request.